- Schools: 394
- Students: 39,758
- Grades: Kindergarten-Grade 3
- Subjects: Math, Science, and Urdu
- Places: Rahim Yar Khan, Bhawalnagar, Vehari, Dera Ghazi Khan, Rajanpur and Khushab
SABAQ implemented its content in Punjab Education Foundation schools from January 2017 through a partnership with the National Rural Support Program (NRSP). SABAQ initially ran a pilot in 10 schools located in the districts of Rahim Yar Khan, Bhawalnagar, Vehari, and Dera Ghazi Khan. This pilot tested the hypothesis that SABAQ’s education apps for students can achieve a positive change in students’ learning outcomes.
In 2018, upon successful testing and teachers’ feedback, the solution was scaled up in 222 PEF schools. Each school received 10 tablets pre-loaded with Math, Science, and Urdu content for KG to Grade 3. For the smooth implementation of this novel technology intervention, SABAQ also trained NRSP mentors and teachers on technology integration in the classroom.
Teaching in PEF classrooms successfully began in October 2017, where the tablets were used as a supplementary tool two times a week. SABAQ’s interactive digital content including videos, exercises, tests, and assessments helped increase student engagement and built conceptual clarity amongst students. Significant changes included:
- Improved reading, writing and numeracy skills;
- Increased confidence and socialization skills;
- Greater interest in education and an increase in attendance;
- Children became linguistically sounder;
- Increased motivation to partake in classes;
- A rise in enrollment.
In 2019, NRSP is moving towards the scale-up of Muse to 400 schools, also including schools from district Rajanpur and Khushab to the SABAQ program.